Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 0 mins Rest time: 0 mins Total time: 10 mins
Macronutrients per tbsp: 11.5g fat | .5g protein | 0g carbohydrates
Makes: 1.25 cups (20 tbsp)
Make it Carnivore: Make without the lemon, ACV, or mustard (note: the taste may be bland)
A classic mayo made with a base of non-toxic oil – duck fat!
I’m not sure if it’s just my palette and the fact that I haven’t had “real” (SAD) mayo for many moons, but I was so satisfied with the way this came out.
For you carnivore studs, there is a carnivore variation of this mayo (up at the top). I’m not sure how tasty it would be (probably a bit on the bland side without the lemon, Dijon, and ACV), but it will definitely work.
What you need to make Carnivore Mayonnaise Recipe
- Duck fat
- Eggs (ASHLEY20 for 20% off)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Sea salt (ASHLEYR for 15% off)
There are no substitutions I would recommend for this recipe.
How to make Carnivore Mayonnaise Recipe
Keep the blender running on medium speed, and add the duck fat VERY slowly – like at a drip speed. It should take about 4 minutes to add all of the duck fat.
After all of the duck fat is added, blend a little longer (about 30 seconds – 1 minute) until the mixture reaches the consistency of mayo.
Gobble up and enjoy. Add it to your steaks, make my Cobb ‘Salad’ with Duck Fat Ranch Dressing, or pair it with whatever!
Store in the fridge in an air-tight container or in a condiment squeeze bottle, if you prefer.
Tips to make the best Carnivore Mayonnaise Recipe
- When you add the duck fat to the base mixture, make sure you add it VERY slowly. I know you’re probably itching to eat this fatty goodness, but don’t rush this part!
- If storing in a condiment squeeze bottle, the mayo may firm up a bit after sitting in the fridge. Just squeeze the bottle a few times to massage it and it will end up squeezing out.
A few of my other favorite dips and sauces:
Pair this with:
Carnivore Mayonnaise Recipe
Duck Fat Mayonnaise
- Condiment squeeze bottle (optional)
- 1 cup duck fat
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Note: to make this recipe carnivore, do not use lemon, ACV, or mustard. The taste may be bland and "duck-y", but the texture should be spot on.
- Keep the blender running on medium speed, and add the duck fat VERY slowly - like at a drip speed. It should take about 4 minutes to add all of the duck fat.
- After all of the duck fat is added, blend a little longer until the mixture reaches the consistency of mayo (about 30 seconds - 1 minute).
- Enjoy. Add it to your steaks, make my Cobb ‘Salad’ with Duck Fat Ranch Dressing, or pair it with whatever!
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container or in a condiment squeeze bottle, if you prefer.
What I used for this recipe:
Looking for some more easy dips and sauces? Try one of these recipes:
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting me!