Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Rest time: 5 mins Total time: 20 mins
Macronutrients per serving: 74g fat | 40g protein | 0g carbohydrates
Make it AIP or Dairy-Free: Use animal fat other than ghee or butter
The most nutrient-dense waffles you will ever eat!
What you need to make Dairy-Free Carnivore Waffles
- Raw beef liver
- Eggs (ASHLEY20 for 20% off)
- Grass-fed ghee (or butter)
- Sea salt (or salt of choice)
You can substitute the ghee for your animal fat of choice, although I do highly recommend ghee with this recipe due to its sweet and buttery flavor.
How to make Dairy-Free Carnivore Waffles
To start – turn on your waffle maker so it can heat up while you prepare the batter.
Blend the raw liver, eggs, 3 tbsp of ghee (room temperature/softened), and a dash of sea salt in a blender until smooth. No liver chunks should be left. You may find a few stragglers when you pour out the batter, so you may have to go through a few rounds of blending.
In the waffle maker, make as you would normal waffles, with the exception of cook time.
Important note: Beef liver cooks VERY quickly, so the waffles will cook in seconds. Usually about 15-20 seconds or so. When the waffles turn light brown and there is no gooey residue left, you will know they are done. The waffles will shrivel a bit. This is normal.
Top with ghee and honey if you tolerate it/prefer. Enjoy!
Looking for an even sweeter version? Try Blueberry Beef Liver Waffles with Honey Butter.
Tips to make the best Dairy-Free Carnivore Waffles
- When making the batter, make sure you blend it until smooth. No liver chunks should be left. You may find a few stragglers when you pour out the batter, so you may have to go through a few rounds of blending.
- Expect to drastically shorten your cooking time compared to normal waffles. Beef liver cooks very quickly, so these waffles will cook in seconds. It usually takes about 15-20 seconds or so. When the waffles turn light brown and there is no gooey residue left, you will know they are done.
- The waffles will shrivel a bit. The more you overcook them, the more they will shrivel, so your cook time should be as short as possible, assuming they are done and cooked through.
- The ingredients make about 1.5 cups of batter. I usually pour about 1/2 cup of batter per waffle into an 8-inch waffle maker and make 3 waffles per batch.
A few of my other favorite Carnivore recipes:
Dairy-Free Carnivore Waffles
Carnivore Beef Liver Waffles
- 3 oz raw beef liver
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp grass-fed ghee (or butter)
- sea salt, to taste (ASHLEYR for 15% off)
- Turn on your waffle maker so it can heat up while you prepare the batter.
- Note: if you go through tons of salt in your household like we do, check out this salt purchasing hack that will save you money + make things more efficient. We started this last year, and I'm so happy we did!
- Make as you would normal waffles, with the exception of cook time. **See note below.
- Top with 1 tbsp of ghee, and honey if you tolerate it/prefer. Enjoy!
- Looking for an even sweeter version? Try Blueberry Beef Liver Waffles with Honey Butter.
What I used for this recipe:
Looking for some more easy Carnivore eats? Try one of these recipes:
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting me!